For further information or to discuss our offer, then please do get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
Building communities and connections
London Vision is a small dynamic charity with a mission to make London a better place for blind and partially sighted people. London Vision enjoys close working relationships with many other sight loss charities and has a proven track record in campaigning and delivering services.
London’s blind and partially sighted community is supported by a fantastic number of small groups and charities offering a wide range of support. These groups tackle big issues such as social isolation, provide essential local information and links to services. Most importantly the groups provide blind and partially sighted people the opportunity to meet and share their experiences of living with sight loss.
If you are thinking of setting up a local group for blind and partially sighted people or are involved in an existing group, London Vision can use its expertise to support you. Below you can find details of the types of support we can offer.
Can we help your group
We want to support small vision impaired community groups (LVIC) who share our passion and values by working towards making London a better place for blind and partially sighted people. You don’t have to be a registered charity, or formerly constituted, but we do expect a high level of integrity from the organisations we work with.
We would like to use the London Vision team’s skills and passion to:
- Work together on campaigns that improve the lives of blind and partially sighted people
- Keep you connected to other LVIC groups throughout London by use of WhatsApp and by-annual networking events
- Use our networks, newsletters, and social media to promote your activities and information
- Direct you to other sources of support and information
- Provide you with access to London Vision’s Zoom account with telephone dial out capability (capacity permitting)
- If you are looking to become a formalised charity, we can assist with the process, using knowledge gained from achieving charity status for London Vision in 2019
- Support you in writing funding bids, endorse grant applications and the development of a funding strategy
- Keep you informed of funding opportunities
- Provide training and guidance on all areas of charity governance
- Support you with volunteer recruitment, role descriptions and management.
What we can’t do
London Vision is not a grant funder and so we cannot provide any direct funding.